Well I went to the Doctor on Friday and Camilla had turned. I was so excited and so ready for our baby to be here. I had been cleaning all day and got everything ready. He called the OB and they were full at the time so they said to call back later. We got checked in around 7:30 pm. I was still only dilated to about a three to a four. So they started me on a pill to start contractions. I had been having a few through out the day. Since I have been group B strep positive I had to get antibiotics. Dr. Tran wouldn't break my water until I was on my second dose. He came in when they started the second round to break my water. He went to check me and couldn't find a head. That is right she decided to turn! When I have no idea! He did an ultrasound and her head was up in my rib cage. He made me stay so that I could stay on antibiotics and break my water as soon as she turned again. Well we didn't get much sleep that night maybe two hours. Around 5 am I started having contraction every five min. I was getting so frustrated that the doctor wasn't there yet. We had the nurse do an ultra sound during the night and kept track of where we thought the baby's head was. Before Dr. Tran walked in I went into the bathroom, took a deep breath and pushed down on the baby's head and walked out hunched over. By the time he got there my contractions were not as consistent. Dr. Tran came in around 10 am and did another ultrasound and she was head down and not even in my hips. Thankfully, I turned the baby's head the right way. So with lots of pushing on my stomach he was able to break my water and get me to a stage 0. It was such a relief. I couldn't believe how much fluid there was.
Anyways long story short, I got an epidural at two started the pit just after and had a beautiful baby girl at 5:45 pm. My contractions were so random and never very consistent. But at 3:30 pm I was at 6 cm, then at 4:30 pm I was at 8 cm, and then around 5 I started to feel some strong contractions but the nurse couldn't come in because she was helping with another delivery. When she came in and checked me around 5:30 pm I was complete and ready to push. I did a practice push, then the doctor came in and told Richard what to do and they got ready. He told me to go ahead and push. So I pushed twice and she was here. Richard got to pull her out and then hand her to me. She was really slimy and both him and the doctor had a hard time getting a hold of her. I was able to cut the cord which was really neat.
We were shooting for 5:36 pm because she is the 5th grandkid on Richard's side and the 36th grandkid on my side.
Our newest edition
Tucker and Camilla. Tucker told me before he left the hospital, "Thank you Mommy for my Baby Camilla!" That makes all the pain worth it.
Hayden and Camilla. Hayden did not want to give her up. We tried to get him to let Tucker have a turn and he said no Mine. It was funny. He didn't want to take his eyes off of her. He is already very protective of her.
A picture just after she was born and before her bath.
Just after her bath. I love the beanies that they give you. I think that she is a good mix. We now have Tucker who is all Curtis, Hayden who is all Elicio and looks just like his dad, And now Camilla who looks like Tucker and Hayden.
8 comments:
I just can't wait to see her. She is so cute. I love all the new babies.
Congrats Chelsey and Richard. Mallene told me that you had her on Sat and I have been checking in to see pictures! She is absolutley Beautiful!!! I am very jealous that you got a girl. I bet you were so excited and greatful that SHE got here safe and sound. Good Job!
Well the first granddaughter! And on her grandma birthday! how exciting!!!! She's beautiful! Congratulations!
Oh man I sure wish I can be there. She is so precious! It cracks me up how different the kids are! Well congratulations! Take lots of pictures for me at Thanksgiving!
Dude-You are awesome! Congrats again! Can't wait for her and Braden to get married! HAHAHA
She is beautiful!! Congrats!!
Congratulations Chels...and Richard. Can't wait to meet her. Love you!
Hey!! I was there! Congratulations Elicio family!!! Mine (Valerie) and daniel's new blog is danval2008.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment