Well I went to the doctor last Thursday, he had to do the Group B Strep test so I asked if he would check me as well. He kinda looked at me like, you still have 4 weeks. But I told him I was just curious because of all the Braxton Hics that I have been having. He checked me and I am at 1 cm and 80% efaced. Then he started to leave and I was like I thought we were doing a sonogram today. He said Why? I said to make sure the baby is head down. He told me that the baby was, he could feel the head when he checked me. I was like oh, well I just wanted to see the baby too. He told me he would do one for me. He went to look down low where the head should be and guess what? NO HEAD. So he moved it up by my ribs and there was the baby's Head. He was like oh, you were right the baby is breach. I got changed and he came back in to talk about our options. Basically we can just plan on a C-Section, Hope the baby turns on its own and if not have a C-Section, or go out of town to have a version down. He wanted to send me to Tucson to have a version done at 37 weeks. But thankfully with the help of Dena's sisters, they Talked to Dena's doctor and he is willing to see me. So our plan is to try and turn the baby natuarally. If we can't by Wednesday, then we will head to Mesa to see Dr. Beck on Thursday. He is planning on doing the proceedure. They like to perform the version as close to 37 weeks as possible so that it is easier. They baby is still small and has some room to turn. Hopefully the baby will turn. I am not sure what will happen after we turn the baby but more than likely with the contractions that I have been having it will put me into labor or he might just induce me right after. We aren't sure what he is going to want to do. I am sad not to be able to have the baby in Safford but it is worth not having a C-Section. Even if we can get the baby to turn on its own before Wednesday I do not think that I will go full term. The baby has already dropped a lot and I have contractions any time I do anything other than just lay there. Who can be on bed rest with two toddlers. Things will go well though however they are supposed to work out. Thankfully I was able to get our Primary Program done today and my counselor and secretary will take care of everything. They are great. So as long as I don't go into labor before the baby turns, we shouldn't have any news until Wednesday and then on Thursday.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good luck! I was born breech, but that was back in the day when they didn't care, and I was baby number 3 and they said my mom's hips were wide enough and I was small enough. I sure hope you don't have to have a C section, that'd be awful. I hope everything works out for you guys!
I really hope you have the baby here. I cann't wait. I just hope everything works out ok. Maybe we will see you on Thursday.
Post a Comment