So Richard went to AT Still on the 12th and took a tour. He wasn't sure that he liked the set up of the curriculum. But he came back and couldn't stop talking about this school and everything that it had. He said that they lady that called him mentioned that they had over 800 people apply for the upcoming year and that interviews were being held that day. He asked why he didn't have to interview and the lady told him, "well we looked at your application and didn't feel that we needed to see anything else from you." WOW! So then before he left he said that he hated to make such a big decision when he has an interview with NAU in a few weeks. So the lady told him to take some more time and just keep her posted but that he could have till the 1st week in March. WOW! Why didn't we think of that with Chapman. That was an expensive lesson. Anyways so I told Richard, you need to go to Chapman and look at thier school so that you can make a fair decision. So we booked him a flight and on the 25th of Feb he flew to Chapman and took a tour there. He liked the school a lot as well. They have a really nice anatomy lab. He also really liked the town that it was in. He said that it had a small town feel to it. Great I thought you are kinda torn between the two. Of course we couldn't just get into the school where we were supposed to move. That would be too easy. We have to be given choices and we can see our selves at all of them. Richard flew back to Mesa Thursday night and stayed with Mike and Dena, Thank you by the way! Friday morning he drove up to Flagstaff for his inteview. Good thing the red truck made it! On a side note, I do not like being a singel mom. Couldn't do it. Anyways, his interview went really well. One of the professors interviewed him and she started by saying, "Let me tell you what kind of a person I think that you are based off of your file, you are hardworkiing, you are a great husband and father, you work well with other people. I don't know who this Bart guys is but he would do anything for you. And this Brandon guy," Richard, "Yeah he isn't a man of many words" The lady, "No he isn't but he said the same things as Bart, So what happened last year, i see that you applied, why didn't you get in?" Richard, " I don't know, I made the alternate list but that was it." The lady," well what was your GRE scores this year," Richard, "1080 and a 1070 last year" The lady, "well that wouldn't have kept you from getting in." So we aren't sure why he didn't get in last year but this lady sure did like him this year. Hopefully we get a letter by Friday, I am hoping sooner. Then we get to make a decision as to where we go. It is not going to be an easy decision and it will definetly teach us to trust the Lord in our decision. All the schools have advantages to them and any would be a great choice. So we shall see where we end up. I am just so proud of Richard, I knew he could do it. I am so grateful that he is such a hard worker and that he helps out so much around the house. I sure did miss him for that day and a half. I don't know how some of you do it with your husbands gone a lot. I couldn't do it. Well I think that is it for now. Hopefully the next Note will be announcing where we get to move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment