CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

School News

So we received an email from Chapman University Stating that Richard got in as a priority applicant. We were so excited, if we had to move out of state this was my top pick. The down side, they want $750 to lock in your spot and it is nonrefundable. So we had to decide whether or not we fly Richard up to to Maryland for an interview. Just after we got the email from Chapman, he also got an email from Pacific University in Oregon. We also received an email from NAU asking him to come and interview on the 26th of Feb. So many decisions. We knew that we wanted to go the NAU interview no questions. But the decision was whether we send $750 to Chapman to guarantee us a spot somewhere, we had to decide whether we spend the money to fly Richard to Maryland and Oregon. The school in Oregon was nice and the city was so pretty. Everyone that has been to the Portland area has loved it. So we took a much needed trip to the temple to try to get some clarity and help with the decision. We both feel really good about Chapman. I get excited when I think about it and I get a big smile. And no it isn't just because it is 10 min from Disneyland either, although that is bonus. The idea just feels good to both of us. So we came out decided that we would send the money out to Chapman on Monday and would let Pacific and Maryland know that Richard would not be able to attend their interviews. So Monday we send our money out and on Tuesday Richard gets a phone call from AT Still University in Mesa, they said that he met all of the priority admissions and they would like to invite him to attend their school. AHHH we just sent our money out. They also want $500 by the 15th of Feb. Richard has spent a lot of time on the computer looking at the schools. We are going up tomorrow to look around and get a tour of AT Still. Then it is off to the temple again to decide if now we go to AT Still. It is so much closer to family and would be lots of fun too. We shall see either way I am just so excited that Richard got into school. I am so proud of him and his hard work. School will be tough, we might not see a lot of each other for 3 years but it will pay off in the end. Once we decide where we are going the next step is to find someone who would like to rent our house while we are gone. We both hate to sell it because we really like the location. So if anyone is interested in renting a 5 bed 3 full bath house let me know. Hopefully by the 2nd week in March we know for sure where we will be moving. I am so excited.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Making this decision was the most stressful thing I've ever had to do so good luck! Everything will work out.

Nicole said...

Text me the cost of rent for your house. I know a couple people looking. Congrats!!

Ashley said...

We are really excited for you guys! I'm sure you will end up where you are supposed to be :)

Cindy said...

Is there any way to stop payment on the check? I'm so excited for you guys! We are definately interested in renting the house, just have to figure out all the other stuff. You know jobs and all that fun stuff. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.