So Hayden has been tongue tied since he was born. I couldn't ever find a doctor who would clip his tongue when he was a baby. I have always felt bad for him because he could never stick out his tongue. Well he went to his first dentist appointment and he had 3 small cavities. So we took him back on March 3rd to get them filled. He wasn't very excited, but Tucker went first and he was done in no time so Hayden sat down in the chair no problem. The dentist started on one tooth and then kinda got a funny look on his face and started looking and his tongue. I immediately knew what he was looking at and explained to them that he was tongue tied but no doctor would clip his tongue. I told him that I tried several times and was turned down saying it would bleed too much. He said that was crazy, and that he could do it with the laser and it wouldn't hardly bleed at all. He had Hayden stick his tongue out and was amazed at how tongue tied he was. He then called in his dad who is also a dentist, and had him look at. They were both pretty surprised. So he said he would finish up his fillings and then he would use the laser and clip it if I wanted. Heck yes I wanted him too. I am so mad at my self for not taking a before picture there at the dentist office and for not taking pictures during the procedure. I should have but I was to busy watching and it all happened so fast. They gave Hayden the laughing gas and it was pretty funny.
So this is the best before picture I could find. As you can see his tongue goes in at the center where it is tied. We always would make fun of his tongue and call it his Butt Tongue. I have to say I kinda miss that butt tongue.
Hayden After, I have a better one on my phone I just haven't downloaded it yet. But as you can see he no longer has the spot where it goes in. It looks like a normal tongue! Crazy right!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Hayden
Posted by Richard and Chelsey at 2:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment