Well Richard got a phone call on Wednesday from his Army recruiter. It was not a good phone call. Richard didn't get in. He was put on an alternate list. I guess the guys that interviewed him was really tough. Richard's recruiter's top four people were interviewed by this guy and all got put on the waiting list. His recruiter was not very happy. So now the people who got in have a month to decide if they are going to accept or not. If anyone turns it down then they offer it to the alternates. The problem is that we have no idea what number we are on the alternate list. I was really looking forward to going and it sucks that we didn't get in. I just have to remember that there is a reason for everything and that we are being looked over and watched by someone who has a plan for us. I know in the end when all is said and done, I'll look back at whatever happens and be grateful that it happened the way that it did.
On to better news though, Richard had his interview with NAU yesterday. He thinks that it all went well. He learned lots about the school schedule and options for scholarships and help with tuition. So if we do go to NAU there are at least lots of options. He ran into someone that he knew who is currently up at NAU. He works as an emergency maintenance guy for the Family Housing. He said that he could try and get Richard a job. If you work for them rent if free! That is my kind of a job. He just has to be on call at night. The only problem is that the apartments are like 500 square feet! TINY for our family of 5. Anyways, Richard had a great time and feels really good about NAU. We just hope that something works out.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Phone Call and an Interview
Posted by Richard and Chelsey at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like NAu maybe the route! You are awesome and have such a positive attitude. I can't wait to see where you guys go!
Hey Chelsey! It was so good to see you at the track meet a couple days ago. Next time we should really make some more time to talk more. In fact, hopefully next time I can stick next to my throwers a little more too.
And by the way, your family is so stinkin' cute! I hope everything goes well with Richard's schooling and that you guys end up somewhere you want to be.
Post a Comment